write a Descriptive research question related to the essential question, “What role does individualism play in American society?”, to research for your own mini-research project.
the mini-research project will include:
- A research question that addresses or extends one of the following ideas that occur in the mentor texts you will have read:
- the relationship between the individual and America
- How individuals can and/or should make changes in society
- the relationship between marginalized groups and majority groups in America
- Brainstorming. Select one of the topics mentioned above and generate some ideas that are connected to that topic. Consider current events as well as literature that you have read in class this year. Brainstorm at least three ideas that connect to the topics, and highlight your favorite one.
- Formulate a Research Question. Craft a Research Question based on your favorite topic/idea that can not be answered in a single word, sentence, or phrase. (This may take several revisions). What would other related questions help you explore the topic in more depth?
Revise Your Research Question: Review the feedback provided by your teacher and consider edits you could make to your question if necessary. Record your final version below.
- Locate Sources: What tools will I use to conduct my research? List below. Then indicate their source type and whether they are primary or secondary sources. Highlight the sources you will move forward with for further evaluation.
(name of source, where the source is published, links or page numbers)
|Primary or Secondary?
|Why is this a good source?