How do you think Movie : Run Lola Run On below 6 questions? Please explain me clear and give more details. Thank you
1. Is Lola really free? If her choices have such a dramatic effect on those around her, then to what extent is she being affected by the decisions of countless others? When taken together, could the free will of billions of people reverse into a kind of determinism? Are we really free, or are we all just acting out a series of limited and pre-determined choices? Pay attention to camera angles and the mise-en-scene when thinking about these questions.
2. What does the opening monologue suggest? I’m especially interested to know what you made of the security guard’s comment: “The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes. That’s a fact. Everything else is pure theory.” Is he offering a kind of pragmatic moral coaching? It almost seems as though his comment bears a fatalist tinge…
3. What do the various photo montages suggest about free will vs. fate? What does the camera flash sound at the end of the film suggest about Lola’s future?
4. The film stock (type of film and its quality) changes at certain points throughout the movie. What might this suggest? Why does this happen at certain times?
5. Lola has the uncanny ability to unleash rending screams. Why does she scream? What do her screams accomplish?
6. Does the editing change from one run to the next? If so, how, and to what effect?