UN Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs) Assignment Individual paper
SDG Website: https://sdgs.un.org/goals
Select one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for your paper’s focus. The assignment is to produce paper containing the following:
1. SDG description: Describe the SDG you have selected and provide an overview.
Example: SDG #3: Good health and well being
2. Select a target from your SDG as well as a country or region of focus: Review the targets for your SDG and choose one, then select a country or region of focus.
Example: Target: By 2030, end the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, water-borne diseases, and other communicable diseases. Note: Since there are multiple diseases of focus for this target, choose one. Country: Indonesia
3. Progress to date: What, if any, successful outcomes have been achieved thus far? Provide 1- 2 examples. Have there been obstacles to progress? Provide 1-2 examples.
4. Additional solutions/strategies: Provide 2 potential solutions/strategies for your selected target that have not previously been used in your country or region of focus. These can be your original ideas (supported with evidence) and/or examples of interventions or policies that have already succeeded somewhere else and that might be adapted for your country or region of focus.
5. Your paper must be a minimum of 15 full pages, double spaced and no more than 15, excluding references.
6. Use a minimum of 12 references (peer reviewed articles, reputable websites, etc.). Provide in-text citations and a full reference section on the last page. Use 1” margins, 12 font size (Times Roman, Arial or Calibri) only. Spell and grammar check. Number your pages and Include your name in the header of each page. Use either APA or AJPH/APHA (AMA) style.