Learning about various types of Special Needs is an ongoing process for educators. As new needs are identified and new names are given, we should be able to keep up with and understand the issues out there. You will be doing your own research about one type of special need.
1. Find 1 specific web pages and 1 YouTube Video for one of the following special needs:
You must refer to websites that have not been referred to by other class members.
• Down Syndrome
• Cerebral Palsy
• Spina Bifida
• Oppositional Defiance Disorder
• Choice: Another special need you are interested in learning about that we have not covered.
2. For each website and video do the following:
• Name the website and video (and provide the links)
• Summarize what you can find in each one
• Explain how it can be helpful to families.