Watch VideoMansa Musa and Islam in Africa: Crash Course World History #16Duration: 10:31 User: n/a – Added: 5/10/12Watch the video then answer the questions listed below. Mansa Musa and Islam in Africa: World History Crash Course #16
1. Much of African history was preserved via __________ rather than written tradition.
2. Mansa Musa was a king who ruled the West African empire of ______ and in _________ he left his home to make the ________, the pilgrimage to Mecca.
3. Why did Mansa Musa’s pilgrimage have the unintended effect of leaving Europeans with the idea that West Africa was loaded with gold?
4. In this time period, the largest and best-known city in West Africa was ______________. Islam eventually spread along pre-existing ___________________ between North and West Africa.
5. Muslim kings were trying to extend their power over largely non-Muslim populations which worshipped traditional African gods and spirits. What is one way the African kings would blend traditional religion with Islam?
6. The eastern coast of Africa saw the rise of what historians called Swahili civilization, which was not an empire or a kingdom but a collection of ________________________, all of which formed a network of trade ports. There was no central authority but there were three things that linked the city-states together: ______________, _____________, and __________________.
7. What factors led to the rapid development of the Swahili civilization in the 8th century?
8. At their height, between the 13th and 16th century, most of the Swahili cities boasted large ____________________.
9. What were some of the exports and imports of the Swahili cities? a. Exports -b. Imports –
Here is the Link to the video ……… https://youtu.be/jvnU0v6hcUo
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"