1. what is “American History ” by judith ortiz cofer about?
2. what do she want her reader to know about the short story “American History?”
3. what is “Shooting an Elephant” by George orwell about?
4. what is the author trying to get us to understand about why he wrote the short story “Shooting an Elephant?”
5. what is the purpose of this essay? Staples believes that he (or other American men) will cease “to alter public space in ugly ways” (paragraph 5) in the near future? Does he suggest any long-term solution for ” the kind of alienation that comes of being ever the suspect in the story Black men and public space by Brent staples?
6. The concept of altering public space is relatively abstract. How does Staples convince that this phenomenon really took place? “black men and public space” by Brent staples