1. Produce a 250-word paragraph reflection on the following:
– What should I start doing to minimize my risk of acquiring and transmitting bacteria?
– What should I stop doing which is currently increasing my risk of acquiring and transmitting bacteria?
– What should I continue doing which is currently protecting me from bacteria?
2. What biases are present, and how they may affect the results?
Read the following study design to measure the rate of teenage smoking, and determine what biases are present, and how they may affect the results.
– A researcher conducts the study during parent-teacher interview night at school. All students who arrived with their parents for an interview were asked if they smoked immediately after each interview took place. Students that did not attend parent-teacher interviews with their parents were excluded from the study. The results of the experiment found that only 0.5% of the teenagers smoked at school.
3. What is the difference between a prosthetic limb and a bionic limb? Consider whether you think bionic limbs are ethical.